Sunday, February 6, 2011

02.06.11

It has been a busy week here. I just finished another class for my Master's and now I am starting a course on cognitive behavioral therapy. We have started going to the gym this week and even though we don't last very long it has been good to get out and exercise. Adam's glasses finally came in but I haven't been able to convince him to take a picture to put up here yet! 

This week started with some sad news. My childhood puppy Pinball went in for surgery on Monday and the vet found that he has lung cancer. He is 12 years old and has had such a great life but it is still sad to think he doesn't have a lot of time left. 

Pinball and I - ten years ago!


 I have been doing well with being more crafty and trying new recipes this week (slowly but surely!) I have been wanting to make homemade cards for quite a while and Adam's mom bought me a package of stuff last Christmas for making cards. I finally made one this week! It was a last minute creation but I was happy with it for the amount of time it took. I made it for Maddy for her 4th birthday! She was having a princess party that I went and helped at. It was so cute seeing all the kids dressed up. 




I have been wanting to make cupcakes for a while and yesterday I made some chocolate cupcakes with brown sugar icing. You have to ice them really quickly or the icing starts to get too thick and it looks chunky. They were so delicious!! I delivered some to friends and we have made quite a dent in what was left over. 




Adam surprised me with the greatest surprise ever this week!! He is taking me to Paris in May! :) I am so incredibly excited. We will be there from May 13th to the 20th.  We have enjoyed planning all the places we want to visit when we are there. I have been saying I want to go back since I went in high school for the french exchange. Adam is so sweet for taking me back and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband. I can't wait to experience Paris with Adam - it will be such a great experience for us. We are staying in the Hotel Andre Latin which is right in the Latin quarter (close to downtown).  



Saturday was a great night as I got to spend time with some great friends, Helena and Jocelyn. I met them both at CIBC and they are just so fun and sweet. It was fun to spend some girl time just relaxing and talking. Helena is so inspiring. She still manages to be happy and upbeat, even though she is battling cancer for the fifth time. I really look up to her as an example of how we should deal with our trials, no matter how hard they may seem. 

Xavier (Joc's son), Jocelyn, Kate and Helena! 

Well we have another busy week ahead of us and Adam's birthday is this Saturday.  

1 comment:

  1. <3 What great news about Paris!!! <3 Love you guys lots. <3

    ReplyDelete