Wow I can't believe it is April already.. it sure doesn't feel like it with all the snow and wind today. Well we have been busy with work and school. I have also been sewing lots! I am really enjoying it and as an added bonus I get to spend more time with my Grandma. I have been doing some other crafty stuff too but it's still in progress because I have found my love for sewing again! It all started because I wanted to sew some baby blankets for our sister-in-laws who are both having their babies this summer. So I have finished two baby blankets. I have another one that I'm going to work on but I will add pictures of that when it's finished.
 |
| Both have this front on them. |
 |
| I did one blue on the back and one pink so hopefully there is one girl! |
Then I decided that I needed to hem all the dress pants that I bought thinking... "I will get these hemmed some day". Well I just decided to do them myself! With a little help from my Grandma they were done in no time. I found this really cute skirt when I was out at the thrift stores shopping with my friend Tisha and it was an XL... but I bought it anyways thinking I could alter it to make it fit. That was a bit trickier than I expected but it's done and it was definitely worth it for the $1.50 I paid for the skirt! Now if it would just stop snowing I could wear it with my cute brown boots!
Now that I've realized I really do love sewing I've decided to make some cute tote bags. I found a pattern that I liked and went fabric shopping and I found the CUTEST fabric. I can't wait to pull it all together - I'm making two different tote bags.
 |
| Bag #1 |
 |
| Bag #2 |
Then I decided I wanted some cute buttons to embellish my tote bags and started looking on Etsy and now I'm just obsessed with buttons. They are so cute! I love all the different color combinations that people come up with as well like
this and
this. These are the buttons I decided to order for my bags.
 |
| From ButtonsNDesigns on Etsy |
 |
| From wickedwoolgathering on Etsy |
Most of these pictures in this post (minus the buttons) were taken with our new camera! We got a smokin' deal on a Rebel XS at Costco - it is AMAZING! I can't wait until the weather gets better so we can get out and take some pictures!
Adam and I have decided to postpone our trip to Paris for a year or two. Adam went to see the academic advisor and decided it would be a good idea to take some summer classes this year. There was no way he could miss a week of school (and I really shouldn't either!) in May. So we have decided to just put that off for a little while and save our money. Kind of disappointing but it will work out for the best! We may just take a little trip to Vancouver Island or the States for now. We will be in the Windy City until the end of June when Adam's classes are finished. As long as we are together, I'm not too worried about where we are! On that note, I'd better go and make some supper so that Adam can't complain about me starving him all the time.
Love the fabric for the tote bags. They are so cute! Your skirt looks great - much smaller than the last time I saw it. I am so glad you are back sewing and are spending time with Grandma. Love you lots! Mom
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!!! I'm lucky if I can sew a button on! :) Keep well! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteSupper cute fabrics!!!! You are a great seamstress!!!
ReplyDelete