On February 22 this year I lost a very great friend, Helena. She had battled cancer for 11 years and she was still as vibrant and positive as ever. She was such a beautiful girl inside and out and she truly showed me what it meant to live life to the fullest. I was always shocked at how positive and happy she was even though she had suffered through so many trials. I can only hope that I will be able to follow that example when I am faced with adversity in my life. I miss her a lot but I know that she is no longer suffering now. I also know that I will see her again, which is a great comfort to me.
| Jocelyn, myself and Helena having a girls night last year! |
A month and two days after Helena passed away - our wonderful friend Tisha had a beautiful baby boy named Jaxson. On our way to the hospital I said to Adam that I was so happy to be going to the hospital to welcome a new baby into the world rather than going to see someone sick or hurt. It was so exciting holding that little angel in my arms - babies are miracles. What better way to celebrate then to sew a new baby blanket for little Jaxson!! This was a new project for me in that I decided to do a quilt-type blanket like the baby blanket that I loved as a child. Cutting out all the squares was A LOT of work - but totally worth it. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out :)
| Jaxson's Blanket! |
We are headed home for Easter this weekend and I'm looking forward to a little break. And I am also finally going to see Hunger Games with my sister-in-law Julie, which I'm super excited about!! Then it is time to get PACKING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment